Extended Desktop DVI to CRT?

K

kevnbro

Hello to all-
This is my first posting here at MacForums and I look forward to returning.

I purchased a MacBook Pro and am wondering if I can get an extended desktop using my Apple 17" Studio Display (translucent/grey). Research has shown that there is an adapter (Apple $99.00) for the ADC Studio Display but apparently it doesn't work with the CRT displays as they do not have USB ports. I've seen DVI to CRT adapters ($10.00) but was unsure whether it would allow extended desktop, simply mirror or not work at all.
I apologize if this topic has been beaten to death in the past but I was hoping to get some advice. Thanks. Kev

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I'm not sure about the details of your particular display, but if it has a standard 15 pin VGA connector you can use the DVI-VGA adapter for either mirroring or extended desktop.

OP
K

kevnbro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
According to mactracker that display used a standard VGA connector, so you can just get a regular DVI-> VGA adapter.

OP
K

kevnbro

Aptmunich said:
According to mactracker that display used a standard VGA connector, so you can just get a regular DVI-> VGA adapter.

Thanks for the help. Kev

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.