Sound Issues

Reaction score
I have a SR MBP and am having trouble on both the bootcamp XP side as well as the Leopard side getting bass output. The bass is really weak in my seinnheiser hd 280s and my klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers when hooked up on either OS but when I hook up to a dell inspiron, my desktop, or anything else, they sound like they should. What gives? The sound is clear enough, its just there is no bass. Ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I'm assuming you've tried fiddling with the EQ?

OP
P
Reaction score
I have. It just makes the sound washed out like any post processing does. I was wondering if there were internal bass settings within the OS itself. Typically in windows I have been able to boost bass in the advanced settings in the volume manager, but the realtek drivers dont support this. Are there any other ways to do so? I am not a big fan of software equalizers, its just that the only way I have been able to get bass out of this laptop is by hooking it up to a friends amp. It feels like there is something somewhere I am missing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.