Snow Leopard and Iomega external HDD

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having trouble getting my MacBook Pro (running Snow Leopard) to recognise my iOmega external HDD. This has only happened since upgrading to Snow Leopard.

Has anyone had this problem and how did you get around it. I am pretty sure it isn't an issue with the external HDD.

Any advice welcome,

thanks

idtbrian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
An upgrade to Snow Leopard should have had no impact on the external hard drive. Can you test the hard drive by plugging it into another computer, even a PC? Is the drive seen by Disk Utility?

Reaction score
snow leopard and mountain lion with iomega prestige 1TB HDD

folks,
my old 2006 20" iMac HD died. It had Leopard on it. I got the internal HDD changed and had snow leopard installed on it. Since then the perfectly good iomega hdd does not work on it. The folder HD1 shows up on desktop. you click it and the first set of folders shows up, but nothing beyond that. I tried on my other brand new mac with mountain lion, same result.
even though it is formatted extended mac os journaled, i tried it on pc, did nt' even show.

info shows 600GB used.
disk utility doesn't work to repair it. says can't mount etc..
any tips??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.