Mighty Mouse Question

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have an Apple wireless Mighty Mouse paired up with my MacBook Pro. Located at the bottom of the mouse is a 'switch', if I push it down, it connects with the computer while if it is off (pushed up), it doesn't connect.

When I turn the mouse 'on' after I have switched on the laptop, they don't connect unless I restart bluetooth on my comp... My "probably" only solution to this is to keep my mouse turned on. If I leave my mouse turned on, will it lose any battery or 'send any bluetooth' signals?

Also, I've seen pictures of the wireless mighty mouse with a red laser beaming out from the bottom of the mouse, mine doesn't have any red laser (which is good) but why is that?

Thanks
Jeremy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The first issue with your mouse not pairing after you turn it off is definitely abnormal. I switch my mouse off sometimes and turn it on after my MBP is on and it pairs up with a simple press of the mouse button. What kind of MAc are you using it with? There could be a difference between notebooks and iMacs, but I don't see why.

Nevertheless, leaving it on at all times doesn't really matter. Most wireless mice have auto shutoff. I don't know if there's any time delay or how it works, but it definitely doesn't drain the battery constantly, and my mouse works the instant I move it even if I haven't used my computer for a long time.

The other thing about the red light must either be from an old mouse or a photoshop job, because I don't have ever have a light coming from my MM, even when in use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.