Problem loading hotmail in Safari

Reaction score
I searched around the forum's database and couldn't find anything related to this topic. I can't seem to get hotmail to load in Safari. I'm using the latest update of Leopard with the most recent update of Safari. Safari used to load hotmail fine, but it stopped a few weeks ago.

I tried looking in the preferences to see if it was blocked, but I couldn't find anything. I've tried clicking on links pointed to hotmail instead of just typing it, but it still doesn't work. It will work fine on firefox and camino, just not safari.

What it actually does is it keeps changing the url while it's loading to different live/hotmail/msn addresses, but it never fully loads.

Anyone have any suggestions???

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I just tried it here in the latest Safari 3.1.1. Goes right in. What Mac do you own? What version of OSX? Do you have all the latest updates installed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I had this problem once before. Did you check the "Save my password" option the last time you logged in? When I unchecked that the looping problem went away.

However, since you can't actually access the page, what you need to do is reset Safari. Click on Safari in the menu bar and select "Reset Safari." Check essentially everything and then hit Reset. Restart Safari and then try to load Hotmail.

OP
d-rock
Reaction score
I had this problem once before. Did you check the "Save my password" option the last time you logged in? When I unchecked that the looping problem went away.

However, since you can't actually access the page, what you need to do is reset Safari. Click on Safari in the menu bar and select "Reset Safari." Check essentially everything and then hit Reset. Restart Safari and then try to load Hotmail.

you are probably right. I remember doing that a little while ago. I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Reaction score
you are probably right. I remember doing that a little while ago. I'll give it a shot, thanks.
I'm a first time mac owner as of 5 days ago and love it...unfortunately I'm running into the same problems as d-rock but after trying the suggestions about it still stuck looping between the 3 hotmail/live/msn sites. Any other suggestions? I'm on Safari 3.1.1. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.