PLEASE PLEASE HELP - I'm going to throw my airport extreme in the street

Z

zvandyke

OK. I posted earlier this week. Here is the deal.

I bought an airport extreme and have tried to set up a wireless network at my house.

I already had wireless through an airport express - it was hooked up to my cable internet.

I was able to get online using my powerbook easily with no problems.

Then I bought an airport extreme and reset the airport express.

I connected my airport express to my imac that did not have an airport card, so the imac could also get online.

My laptop has been able to connect a few times to the Internet, but usually only after I reset the airport extreme. Only once has the IMAC connected successfully.

I also recently order the TIVO wireless adapter. I do not have a home phone line, so my tivo needs to be able to connect wirelessly.

Can anyone help!!!! :eek:neye:

OP
M

menace3054

btw i couldnt stop laughing, i could actually picture someone chucking an airport extreme into the street lol

OP
Z

zvandyke

Still can't get my imac to work which is directly connected to the airport express.

OP
M

menace3054

zvandyke said:
Still can't get my imac to work which is directly connected to the airport express.

go to system prefs, network --> is the light for airport or ethernet yellow? it might say self assigned ip address, try resetting the dsl modem/cable modem

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You are using the Airport Express as a Wireless Bridge I take it. I suspect it might be a setting in the Airport Express and not the Extreme or like Menace said, check your Network settings on the iMac. See if the Express is giving it an IP Address other than the default 169. address.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.