Can I ask a dumb ? please :) 1st Gen Macbook ( CoreDuo)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83 C2D / 4 GB ( installed ) / 80 GB
Been a strictly PC user / Tech( work ) for awhile and recently have come to love leopard , Loved it so much I bought a Mini(1.83 C2D 4gb) and now use that as my main computer which I love . Have been doing some contracted work for a local shop with some apple laptops ( used/reconditioned/new ) and I use them everyone in awhile ...see how they are .
I have come very fond of a older G4Powerbook but as much as I love it I dont think I would buy a G4 on the idea of apple going strictly Intel on next release and just longevity ... Intel's are going to be in Macs . Theres one intel Macbook there I use and do like BUT its a 1st gen 1.83 Coreduo with 2 gb, not a C2D .

From some research I did it seems the older 1st gen Intel macbooks are signifigantly Faster . I pretty much use my laptop just for web/email/chat , light work ( pages...numbers ) but I do at times game and usually WoW ( not too much ) . now even though I was very skpetical of the intergrated graphics on the Mini I purchased , I can play WoW very niceley but again I figure that I have maxed the RAM out on it .

Basically asking do the 1st gen Macbooks ( CoreDuo) feel/seem that much slower than the C2D's? Trying to keep business obviously where I work but seeing prices online for the C2D's its very hard to resist .

Pardon for the ignorance of the question :)

Thanks for reading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83 C2D / 4 GB ( installed ) / 80 GB
Very cool . thank you for the reply and great link , Lots of good info for someone coming into mac realm. Least on the hardware side ....
And to make me feel even more dumb is that the macbook I have been checking out is a C2D , Guess I had a brain fart

Pretty simple choice now ..... Thanks again for the link soul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.