A Time Machine Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Would Time Machine from OS 10.5 work with an old mac as the external hard drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
like.. would it.. i think i know the answer to your question, but don't quite understand what you are asking... using the time machine on an older mac? how so?... hmm..

Reaction score
If I understand it right, you want to connect a e.g. Tiger hdd to Leo and use it with time machine.

If it would work, you have to backup the tiger disc with time machine.

I would think it's possible to use an external disc with time machine in order to back up its data. and in that case it probably doesn't care if there is an OS or whatsoever on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It is too early to get any definitive answer to this question (nobody will know with any degree of accuracy until it is released in October). I would assume that you could use an external drive, though. That would make sense and would make Time Machine a more practical application.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.