Dell 2407WFP 24" vs 23" Cinema?

Reaction score
So I'm new to Mac, in fact I'm soo new I haven't even ordered my Mac yet. But when I do next week, I'm getting a Mac Pro. (can't wait)
My question is, does the Dell Monitor hook right up to the Mac, or am I gonna need some extra connector?

I still haven't decided which one to get, but the extra inch and price on the Dell are almost too good to pass up. :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
TwistyO said:
but the extra inch and price on the Dell are almost too good to pass up. :confused:
When it comes to monitor size, inches don't matter.
What does matter is screen resolution.

Either way, both are fine displays and either one would suit you well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
So you'd take a 14" screen @ 1920x1080 over a 20" screen @1920x1080? ;)

Yes, the Dell monitor will hook up fine to the Mac Pro using a DVI connection (standard on Mac Pros).

The Apple monitor looks better in my opinion, but with the Dell you'll save $200 on what is pretty much the same product. All the specs are very similar and with the extra inch in Dell's monitor (they have the same resolution 1920x1200) you're not going to lose much quality in the picture.

P

pbook24

the dell moitors look great, but so do the ACDs. it really comes down to or not you mind spending hte extra money

S

sursuciofla

You don't really get anything worth an extra $200 imo. Yeah it will match and everything but who really cares? I wear my adidas wind pants with my reeboks, just because I don't care. Save the $200 and buy something that matters or put it in savings, whatever floats your boat.

OP
TwistyO
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

I like all the extra inputs on the Dell too. Makes it more versatile. I think I'll find another way to give big Steve the extra $200 I'll save.

Thanks again all, I'll post again when I get the new Mac Pro. (it's gonna be sweet)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
surfwax95 said:
So you'd take a 14" screen @ 1920x1080 over a 20" screen @1920x1080? ;)
Me personally? It honestly wouldn't matter to me. If the resolution was the same, then I am still getting the same amount of screen real estate from both displays.
I have a 15" PowerBook running at 1440 x 960 and an external 20" Dell CRT running at 1400 x 1050. There is next to no difference when I put a window on the PowerBook screen or if I put that same window on the Dell screen, even though the Dell display is "larger" (in physical size).
:black:
The point I was really trying to make is that a minute difference of inches between two displays is negligible. What matters more, and what I feel that someone should pay more attention to when purchasing a display, is the maximum resolution.

Reaction score
Yeah I think res. can be more important than size. I've got a 19in widescreen at 1440x900 but wished it had a higher resolution, it doesn't feel much different to my old 17in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
If you haven't already decided, the Dell is way better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.