StackSocial

Reaction score
I am new to Apple Mac and keen on learning through appropriate software. I keep getting offers from this StackSocial which seem to offer very good value for money. Can anyone tell me is this site legit and does it cost anything to accept the offers. I have been bitten in the past by buying stuff from shopping sites only to find I have committed myself to a monthly subscription.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You have to give them your email address before you can even see what services they offer or what they have for sale?

Not happenin'.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you I appreciate your response but they have my email which is why I presumably get these offers. I really need to know whether they are a legitimate/safe online seller and that there are not hidden extras if you buy from them like a small print where you agree to a monthly subscription.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Not sure, as I can't even get into their site to have a look around without giving them my email or signing in from another account that gives them that info.

Personally, I just don't do business with those type of sites.
Especially where they're just trying to sell me something.
They want to sell me anything, they're going to have to show me the prices before they get any of my info.

There are too many other places to get stuff.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks. Will continue to be sceptical given recent problems with their offers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.