Hello

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone
I have recently made the switch and now have a 27" iMac. I purchased the iMac, iWork and apple care. I have gone from a rubbish laptop running vista. I managed to move over all my documents and now have them on my mac with no problems. I have however got an issue that I am hoping someone will be able to help me out with.

It is I cannot access my Apple ID on iTunes on my iMac. I put in my details (correctly) and it is saying:

The Apple ID you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect. Please try again.

I have tried multiple times but it keeps saying the same thing. I have used my old email, and the new one that I set up with the mac (@mac.com)
I have reset my password numerous times. But still nothing. Could someone advise me how to fix this please.

This seems a great forum,
Thanks
Ollie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you referring to the user id and password you originally setup from your Vista laptop to access the iTunes store and make purchases? If so, it may no longer be valid.

What you can try is to setup a new id and password from your iMac to see if it will take. You may run into a problem because your credit card info and name will be the same. If it still refuses, contact iTunes support. LINK

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Odd. When I switched to my MBP from a Dell desktop, it allowed me to keep everything the same. The Mac and iTunes both automatically recognized my name and password and just used that. My Apple ID was originally set up through my Dell running WinXP. Hmm....

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone
Are you referring to the user id and password you originally setup from your Vista laptop to access the iTunes store and make purchases? If so, it may no longer be valid.

What you can try is to setup a new id and password from your iMac to see if it will take. You may run into a problem because your credit card info and name will be the same. If it still refuses, contact iTunes support. LINK

Regards.

Thanks for the reply,

Yes the ID to access iTunes. I can still download apps on my iPhone so I assume the account is still active.

I will try to set up a new one.

Cheers

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone
Odd. When I switched to my MBP from a Dell desktop, it allowed me to keep everything the same. The Mac and iTunes both automatically recognized my name and password and just used that. My Apple ID was originally set up through my Dell running WinXP. Hmm....

Hmm it is odd. The iMac recognised it I think but it is not being recognised on iTunes! :(

Cheers

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone
I have just tried to make a new account and it says that my email already exists and to just sign in. So I did and it let me! So it is all sorted now. :Smirk:

One more question, how do I get all my music of iTunes on my old laptop onto my iMac? I assumed it would automatically do it when I signed in but it hasn't.

Cheers

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone
I have just tried to make a new account and it says that my email already exists and to just sign in. So I did and it let me! So it is all sorted now. :Smirk:

One more question, how do I get all my music of iTunes on my old laptop onto my iMac? I assumed it would automatically do it when I signed in but it hasn't.

Cheers

Anyone? I wanted to get it sorted tonight if possible. I have tried plugging in my iPhone and copying the music off there but it wont let me click on it. :(

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.