• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie09 and iDVD

Reaction score
Can someone please help. I seem to have hit a brick wall.
Both iMovie09 and iDVD have started hanging (the dreaded spinning ball), iDVd when I open it and iMovie when I try to look at pictures to import from iPhoto. Only Force Quit will close either program.
I moved both programs to the Trash and reinstalled them to no effect.
I reinstalled Leopard, also with no effect.
In each case I also then made sure I searched for the latest updates.
Anyone have any idea what the problem and possible solution might be?
Many thanks,
Bob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Go RAM, Iphone 3GS
Is it because you have already imported too many pictures and video into imovie?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Go RAM, Iphone 3GS
I remember imovie taking a great deal of time to load when I would work on a particular project (home videos). I since found out that it was best to trim down each project seperately before importing into one big project. This seemed to work for me.

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I sorted the problem. When you import pics from a digital camera, it also imports any movie clips that may be on your camera and puts them in iPhoto. This wasn't a problem with previous versions of iMovie & iDVD but with the latest version the whole thing falls over if anything other than pics are in the iPhoto file. I moved the clips from the folder & everything was fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
iMovie 08 also imported movie clips from your camera. I haven't seen this issue with either iM08 or iM09.

I also don't understand how this would affect iDVD. I don't expect the two applications to be related when it comes to the iPhoto library.

I hope what ever you did sticks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.