Computer Snoring

S

Smilemon

Im having trouble getting my computer to go to sleep. When I put it to sleep It comes right back awake. Lately I have been getting USB overcurrent notices that tell me to check the External bus I am using but i dont have one. All my cords are pluged directly into my computer. I am Using a powermac G4 running 10.3.9 anything I can do to make my computer go to sleep?

P.S It has a HUGE fan and sounds like an XSERVE first edition (get the picture) It is driving my family crazy!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
maybe a pillow might be useful. :)
nyways...no idea. sorry

OP
E

embries

Try unplugging mouse/keyboard? Could be causing your unit to come outta sleep. Any software running in the background that might output to the screen causing it to come out of sleep?

OP
S

Smilemon

Got It

Thanks for the advice. Last night I went to a friends house to do some gaming with my laptop and the same thing happened we used his keyboard and it worked. I guess my keyboard is busted which is a bummer since my dog ate the last one.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.