Airport Strength great in some places and horrible in others

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been reading through the threads here looking to see if my question was answered before posting this, but it seems that most of the talk is far beyond my level and I feel like my issue isn't as complex as the ones I've read. So forgive me if it's a repeat.

I just moved into a new place with a roommate. Before for this, my mac connected fine to my internet. I've never really had any issues. However, now that I'm here, it seems the only room that I can get a strong consistent connection is in my bedroom. We share wireless with the people upstairs and I believe that is where the router is located. I would like to be able to connect to the internet in the living room, but it will only work for like 5 minutes and then I lose the connection (though it still shows full bars). My roommate has no problem connecting on her PC. So this is leading me to believe that the issue is on my end.

Any suggestions to fix this would be great. And I'm not very computer savvy, so go slow. :)

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What OS version are you using, and what type of security? (WPA/WEP?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Tiger? Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok there are some known issues with Leopard and Airport, but some of them are related to the spec of Mac too.
What Mac are you using?

OP
B
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues until now. And as mentioned, it works great in my bedroom. But of course the room I WANT to use it in, it's not working. When the neighbors signal comes through, I can sometimes use that instead (which is what I'm doing currently.

MacBook3,1, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.2 GHz

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.