My keyboard is misspelling words!!!!

Reaction score
Well, I am back again with another screwy problem. While typing an email suddenly several keys went bonkers. I.E. my Z and Y are reversed. There are several others which I will indicate later. I am just hoping there is a cure for this strange behavior. Unplugging the kb did no good. Any ideas out there how my kb can get back to working properly. (cannot even type a question mark)

BTW, it is the white Mac kb.

Thanks and below are the four rows typed without shift key.

1234567890ß´
qwertzuiopü+#
asdfghjklöä
yxcvbnm,.-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
For starters, check in Sys Pref > International > Input Menu to see that Australian is checked and has Roman script.

If your k/b prefs have gone west, you might need to Trash them and then do a selective reinstall.

Third option is that the k/b is naffed, or that the cable/connector is dodgy. Can you try it on another Mac?

OP
B
Reaction score
Keyboard gone bonkers

Thanks, Hugh; In the language list had some other strange country selected. Ticked it off and my k/b became friendly again. You represent New Zealand very well. Thanks for all your help. Sure will come up with some more strange requests. Hans

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.