iPod classic battery life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, iPod Classic
The iPod Classic supposedly has (up to) 36 hours of music playback, right? I have the EQ on so I assumed this would be shortened a bit, but after listening to music for only a few hours from the battery being full, the charge shows that it is about 1/4 gone. This does not seem right.. The player is about a month old, by the way.

OP
batsy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 1.42ghz 1gb ram Mac os x 10.5.6
i wouldnt worry about it my ipod touch says half the battery is gone after only about 5hrs or so of music listening when its on sleep but then the rest of battery last about 20 more hrs so it may just be a false reading

OP
batsy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i wouldnt worry about it my ipod touch says half the battery is gone after only about 5hrs or so of music listening when its on sleep but then the rest of battery last about 20 more hrs so it may just be a false reading

Eh... that's kind of lame. I've been listening to the iPod for about another hour (after the initial post) and it's down about another half quarter. I'm going off to college soon and am going to need the iPod when I'm walking or riding the bus and this much battery life is worrying me... I'll see how long it lasts until the battery is gone.

OP
batsy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, now the battery meter seems to have gone up....without me plugging it in or turning it off. I'm starting to doubt the accuracy of this thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You probably want to drain it until it dies a few times. This actually conditions the batter and will give you better battery life.

OP
batsy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You probably want to drain it until it dies a few times. This actually conditions the batter and will give you better battery life.

Good idea. I was planning to but never got around to it. I'll try it tonight.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.