• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Fake Suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
One of my friends was an Idiot and told one of his friends that he overdosed and had 11 minutes too live. Well like all of us would think the girl called the cops and ambulance. They came and took him to the hospital. He never took anthing he just lied. Now he wants to be a police officer wheen hes older. He wants to know if he still can be a police officer. All he did was go to the hospital and pay like 1000 dollars. So yeah any answers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Think of it this way, would you want a cop showing up in an emergency need who lies, especially something of that caliber?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If he's under 18, then it might not even come up, but I seriously wouldn't want somebody that needy for attention becoming a police officer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Get new friends...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0ghz Core Duo 1 Gig Ram 80Gig HD, iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo 1gig RAM 320gig HD
Reaction score
I think that is terrible advice: your opinion is if you're friends make a cry for help you should completely abandon them? I'm glad I'm not your friend...

From what you said, they didn't even charge him with anything. In that case, sure, he can still become a police officer.
Even people who have been sectioned can in some cases still become police officers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I think that is terrible advice: your opinion is if you're friends make a cry for help you should completely abandon them? I'm glad I'm not your friend...

People do not have the 'right' to be my friend. If someone is stupid, ignorant, or lies, they are not going to be my friend very long. And I do not feel remotely bad about feeling that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
People do not have the 'right' to be my friend. If someone is stupid, ignorant, or lies, they are not going to be my friend very long. And I do not feel remotely bad about feeling that way.

QFT. These kind of people are more trouble than they're worth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
He wants to know if he still can be a police officer.
Sure he can, but I would tell him no anyway. We already have enough screw-ups becoming police officers, thank you.

Reaction score

I completely agree. When it comes down to it, your friends wont always be there in the end. Pick the ones you want to be with for a while, not the kind that are emotionally unstable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0ghz Core Duo 1 Gig Ram 80Gig HD, iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo 1gig RAM 320gig HD
I think that is terrible advice: your opinion is if you're friends make a cry for help you should completely abandon them?

I dont recall him saying his friend made a cry for help...

in fact he said "One of my friends was an Idiot..." clearly it was a stupid action...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Tell him he may want to consider Politics instead...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OK, I think we're done here. Question asked and answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.