Missing hash key

Reaction score
So, my keyboard says the hash key in on the 3 button, but there's £ sign there instead.
Any suggestion as to where I'd find an alternative hash key?
Ta.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD
Should be alt+3

OP
C
Reaction score
Yay! That'll make creating a hashtag in Twitter so much easier.
Thanks so much Jeantr.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
Thanks man...I've wondering where it is for a while now! (my 3 key doesn't say # on it!)

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air '13, Mid 2011, 128GB
woo thanks!

Been wondering about that for ages

Reaction score
This works for me unless I'm in Firefox. Then it jumps suddenly to a tab, the third tab to be precise :[ Do I have to write my hash's outside of firefox then paste them in every time? Anyone know of this FF shortcut to jump to a numbered tab and how to turn it off (I did try find out in preferences..)

I know this thread is slightly old but the issue stays constant, making new threads annoys ppl

thanks for any help peeps

Reaction score
It seems both cmd+3 and alt+3 both jump me to a tab *sigh*
on a related note, apparently there is such thing as a ctrl copy or something? I miss being able to drag stuff between folders like on Windows and a simple key chooses whether it moves or copies. I've tried this on mac but none of the keys seem to do it. It seems the Mac decides whether its a move or a copy depending on the situation and if it's the wrong one which it usually is I haves to delete or copy and paste. It can get confusing...
thanks

Reaction score
You can also change your keyboard ( in system preferences - or mine has the flag of the country for the keyboard, and just change it to US internationalPC) to get the hash with shift-3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Control c is Bill Gates speak

Use Command C to copy in the world of Steve Jobs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.