Xcode for Mac Os x Snow Leopard 10.6.2

Reaction score
Hey community, please can you tell me what is the best version of xcode for Mac os x snow leopard 10.6.2?

Xcode 5 and 5.1 dont work or install because i think my mac version needs a older version of xcode. :*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you a registered developer with a free account you can get xcode 3.2.6 and SDK 4.3 for Snow Leopard. If you have a paid for developer account you can get xcode 4.2 for Snow Leopard.

Both, depending on yopur account, can be download from here under 'Additional Downloads'

OP
R
Reaction score
So, xcode 3.2.6 has the iphone sdk already installed? If not, how do i download it seperately?

Iphone sdk 4.3 is available for both xcode 3.2.6 and 4.2 right?
Because when i launch xcode 3.2.6 in my mac os x 10.6.2 snow leopard, then i dont see the option to choose iphone sdk . I only see the mac os x sdk and get to choose option within the mac os developing toolset ONLY. not the iphone ios dev toold in xcode 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you look at the description in the downloads section linked above it tell you exactly what's included.

You can't copy and paste for that page so here's a screen grab.

xcode.png

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks, i have found the download, but cant i download the IOS 4.3 sdk by itself and NOT the xcode 3.2.6 again since i already have the xcode AND dont wish to use up bandwith to download another 4GIGABYTES,.

OP
R
Reaction score
Do you think my OS for mac will be able to execute any later release of xcode 3.2.6?

Say if i wanted to use xcode 4 or xocde 3.2.7 or xcode 3.4.0/3.4.1/3.4.2/3.4.4?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As per the screen grab you have everything you need in the download you already have.

I you can't see the iPhone dev option, that's a little odd. Perhaps post a screenshot?

I'm not sure what your goal is (self-interest, learn objective c etc) but if you're wanting to develop for submission to the app store the minimum requirements are (taken from the iOS dev site):
To develop iOS apps, you need:
  • A Mac computer running OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later
  • Xcode
  • iOS SDK

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes i have xcode i just want to download the ios sdk seperatly since i do not wish to waste firther 4gb of download data or my bandwith.
Dont worry i have it now.
I want to know, that in this version of xcode you told me of, is it possable to progarm any socket progarms such as skype or internet apps such as browsers, p2p programs running in ios iphone. I know objective c and i can make a hello world app and code windows api window in c. I recall everything and i dont think that i need to look back at documentation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
From a capability point of view you'll need to look at the API reference for iOS4.3. I kind recall at which point those features were made available to devs.

OP
R
Reaction score
Ok thank you.
Again thinking about socket programming, i mean using TCP/IP components and not just using the Rapid app dev environment, i also want to write code for them. Is that objective c or some other RAD language?

OP
R
Reaction score
will xcode 3.2.6 with ios sdk 4.3 work with mac os x 10.6.8?
I know that i had 10.6.2 but now i have upgraded using mac os x software updates.
So do you know if i am able to download a later version say 4.1 or or 4.0/4.2???
I have a free account NOT a piad acc at mac dev website.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.