• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

need an app that can handle Sony M2TS files

Reaction score
Hi, guys, I ve just bought the new 27" imac (after much saving). I also have a Sony hdr cx11e hd camcorder, i was a little bit surprised to find that my mac doesn't like the M2TS files, that the camcorder makes. So after a bit of research it seem that VLC would solve my problems and it does....sort of, the problem is there is horrible ghosting on the image (which isn't there if fed through the camcorder to a 1080i tv or transferred via memory stick to my ps3.)

So is there a better program for me to use?

It's my daughters birthday on the 4 Dec and i want to use my mac to edit a nice recording for her, so any and all advice will be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Search the forum. This is usually a problem when people drag the files via the Finder onto their hard drive. Otherwise, you should be able to plug in the camera, open iMovie (08 or 09) and select & import the footage.

If you have already erased the footage from the camera, then you need to search for a conversion application.

OP
B
Reaction score
yeah, thats sorted it for me...i should have noticed that but it slipped under my radar!

Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.