Bootcamp driver installation problem

K

KhurramA

So I installed bootcamp and the driver cd, but the ethernet drivers and about 5 others which show up as "unknown" on the device manager have not been installed...i've heard quite a few people have had this problem and that the original drivers that apple released before the update work for the ethernet.

Does anyone know where I can go about getting the ethernet drivers and whatever else is missing?

Basically when I install the mac driver cd, it always hangs at the last part where it says "registering product" and I can't get it to finish. I dont know if that's the reason they arent' being installed but it could be. I even burned another driver cd with no luck.
Any advice?
i'm really lost without being able to access the net on windows...I need it for college based med programs before anyone asks why i'm using xp at all!

Any comments, or suggestions would be appreciated!
thanks

Reaction score
The hanging happens- you just have to wait. Sometime people don't see the popup that gives you 'Stop' or 'Continue Anyway' options. Make sure you are using Boot Camp 1.1.1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.