Very important question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
I wanted to put this here and not the ipod section cuz this affects my whole computer. In the last dying days of my PC, I transferred all my important files to my iPod. The PC has since died. I got my new mac and was getting ready to transfer the files from my ipod. Unfortunately the ipod displays a folder with a exclamation point in a triangle on the screen after the apple logo comes on the screen and then shuts off. Can anyone help me? The ipod has every important thing ive done on a computer over the last 3 years. Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
unless you can get your stuff of your ipod in disk mode you have lost all your info :(

press and hold the middle button and the play button togeather to get into disk mode

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
I can get the ipod to play music now, but my iMac still isnt recognizing the iPod. When I plug it into the iMac the Do Not Disconnect stuff comes up but thats it. Any way to get my iPod recognized by the computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
I don't know if you've tried this, but I'd recommend trying to get ahold of another PC, whether it be a laptop you have, or a friend's PC and trying to swap it out that way. If the data is on the iPod there's got to be SOME way to get it off. Good luck with this.

Reaction score
That happened when I had to try to change my songs. You will need to either change it into disk mode. Or I think it needs to be re-formatted to be in Mac Mode. This should happen just when connecting so try and charge it up fully and then connect it to your Mac whilst turned off.... it should then come up to re-format it to Mac mode and it should work once that has happened. Or just try Slyydrrs method of getting a PC and transferring it thataway

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
iPod Disk may be able to force OSX to see your iPod. Try it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.