Memory usage question:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
E-2011 MPB 13" i5 2.3GHz 8GB RAM OSX 10.7.1 iPhone 4 iPod Classic 160 GB
OK, so I have the MBP 13" i5, recently upgraded to a sweet 8GBs of RAM. So i tested it and opened up EVERYTHING (like PSCS3, Aperture, many browsers, etc.) and it ROCKS. However, I could use to do that with "only" 4GB, although ow it does run faster. So, my question is: with MORE available RAM, does my unit now UILIZE MORE, and take advantage of it, whereas it might not wold have used to? Does having MORE RAM beg the system to utilize it? If I had 16GB (not upgradeable to), would it find a way to utilize a lot of it? Don't get e wrong, its ROCKET FAST now, no complaints, but it *is* utilizing more RA, for the SAME PROCESSES IT USED TO, than it did before I doubled it. Just the curious. Thanks, gurus! :Cool:

Edited to add: sorry for the typos, drinking premium beers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
curious. Thanks, gurus! :Cool:

Edited to add: sorry for the typos, drinking premium beers!

I was gonna say..... something terribly wrong with your keyboard!

sorry tho can't help with your question. But I say, as long it runs and runs good and fast, why worry about it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.