after osx update machine would not restart.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
after the 10.3.5 update I wanted to shutdown and restart my g5. So i clicked shutdown, took about 10 mins. before the screen went black. Then it just sat there and the fans began to become very loud and it just sat there like that for about 15 min. just a black screen. So i decided to unplug the machine and plug it back it. It now started up ok, just wondering if thats normal? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Were you not promted to restart after the update? I have found that letting the Mac handle everything itself runs the smoothest

OP
captainstabbin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes I was prompted to shutdown or restart, I chose shutdown. At that point the screen went like a faded blue of my wallpaper. After about 5 min, the screen went black and the g5 sounded really loud.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Have you repaired permissions? After every software update this is important, after 10.3.5 mine found and repaired several issues

OP
captainstabbin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so after the update, should i not restart or power down and just do repair permissions right away. Thanks in advance :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Normally after an upgrade, the system is rebooted. Then you would repair permissions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.