Mail Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
When I went into Mail it asked me for my Xtra password, so I entered it, but I wasn't sure if I tick the box next to where it says, Remember this password in my keychain. If I should tick that box, then let me know.

Anyhow entering my password or not I was getting mails. I sent myself a test email to both accounts and it came through. It seems that Xtra account is having the problem

I still have thee weird icons up by Xtra account, what does it mean? and what do I need to do?
mail.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
If you don't check that box it just means it'll keep asking for your password when it checks for new mail. That one's up to you.

That icon thing means that the account is offline or there's a problem (can't quite remember). If you click on it it will take the account back online, and it'll check for mail whenever it's next due to.

Chances are it's a problem with your mail server. If everything was ok before and you entered the password correctly (ie, it didn't reject it) then don't worry too much.

Reaction score
I think it means the mail box is offline. If you click on it, it should ask you if you want to go online. Hopefully everything will be fine and it'll go online. It might ask you for your password if it turns out you didn't save it in the keychain.

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Thanks everyone:) I had to enter my password again a few times and I ticked that box so it remembers it. Finally the icons have gone from the Xtra account so I guess it's back online. xxx fingers it's all in working order again:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.