iPhoto 11 Crashing

Reaction score
I've been working on a friends macbook pro. We upgraded it from Snow Leopard to Lion and in the process used the migration assistant to import the old user data. We also upgraded from iLife 09 to iLife 11.

When trying to open iPhoto 11 (latest release of 9.2.3), it would launch, but the window would never open. I followed the instructions in the following forums from user bergLei on Mar 4, 2011.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2770168?threadID=2770168&tstart=1

Deleting this and re-installing iPhoto, re-updating, made it so the window would appear, but after about 5 seconds it crashes. I tried using the built in library repair tool, but that didn't help. I also tried using the iPhoto Library Manager program, but since it launches iPhoto, it crashes and never runs the rebuild.

Attached is the error log from when it launches.

View attachment iPhoto Error Log.txt

OP
J
Reaction score
For clarification, we installed a new hard drive, installed Lion and used the migration assistant to import old user data/apps. We didn't perform an actual upgrade install

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.