Easiest way to set 10.5 up when selling a computer?

Reaction score
This may be a "common knowledge" type of question, so please excuse me if this might have asked in a different way before...
But I have a G4 tower that I need to sell, and I want to wipe the drive clean & install 10.5 & iLife 08.

Even though I'm going to include the software disks, I still figure it's best to go ahead & load the system up so that the buyer doesn't have to go through all of that if they don't want to.

My question is, after installing OSX, it takes you to a screen where you set the computer up with all of your personal user info. What do I do then?
I could just leave it at that point so that the buyer could pick it up from there.... BUT...

How would install iLife '08 on there without going through that process?

Is it as simple as setting up a "generic" admin account that the buyer can modify later?

Really curious what the best way to go about all of this is...

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
I would simply use the restore discs that came with the computer, shut it off at the setup page, and then include the 10.5 and iLife disks with it and let the new owner install them. Simplest and cleanest way.

Reaction score
If you wanted to be helpful, you could offer to do the installation for the buyer before you ship the machine.

OP
J
Reaction score
I would simply use the restore discs that came with the computer, shut it off at the setup page, and then include the 10.5 and iLife disks with it and let the new owner install them. Simplest and cleanest way.

That makes sense. I'll just load 10.5 up to the setup screen, and the new owner can sort of have the "new computer experience" by finishing the setup & loading iLife 08.

I just thought there was a way to load all of that stuff and have the new owner adjust the account that initially was set up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Alco consider power users will want to do their own installation. As you are selling the discs, advise purchaser the machine comes with the discs and you are prepared to do a clean install to assist them if they wish.

Every selling point is a plus!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.