What's the best way of doing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
I only have a 6GB iPod Nano yet I have about 50GB worth of MP3's, or at least I will when I finish ripping my 600 CD's.

Within my library I also have multiple playlists some of which I would like on my iPod.

I don't want to go through and check all the songs I want on my iPod because that would take forever and wouldn't that mean that iTunes would only play me that 6GB selection?

I know I can create a playlist for my iPod and set that to be one that is synchronised but then what happens to all my other playlists? What I mean is, lets say I have an iPod playlist, another called My Favs and lets say that My Favs contains 10 songs that are not in the iPod playlist. Is there a way of setting things up so that iTunes will sync all the songs that are in the iPod playlist, copy the My Favs playlist but NOT copy any songs that are in the My Favs playlist but not in the iPod playlist.

Does that make sense?

Is there a clever way of dealing with this? I almost want two libraries, one for everything and the other for my iPod so that I can create independent playlists but I really don't want to do that as working with two libraries would be a nightmare.

Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.