BT Voyager 2000 Vs Airport

I

idgabay

I'm in need of some help. I have a BT VOYAGER Broadband Wireless Modem and an Apple Airport Card in my G3 ibook. I am running OS X Panther.
Two weeks ago my ibook saw the network in my falt no problem and could connect. My flatmate has since changed the WEP Key (??) and now the airport card can't even see a network (although it can see the TMobile network at Starbucks so it must be OK). I can;t see where I input WEP keys on my apple or what has happened to VOyager to exclude my laptop. The other PC users in the flat have no proble connecting wirelessly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I wish I can help you, but I don't have a wireless network yet.

I am bumping, so hopefully someone, that does can help you. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
I bet he turned off the Broadcast SSID setting. This makes the access point invisable. You need to get the WEP key and the SSID. Go to the Airport icon in the top menubar and select Other. Type in the SSID in the Network name field and select the proper Password/WEP in the drop-down and type in the WEP key. This should do it.

Jerry

OP
I

idgabay

Thanks for that. I can now see the network but when I try to type in the new WEP key it still won't connect. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MBP, 2GB, 7200 100GB disk | Dual 2Ghz G5, 1.5Gb RAM, 20" cinema | 15" 1.25 PB / 4Gb iPod Nano
idgabay said:
Thanks for that. I can now see the network but when I try to type in the new WEP key it still won't connect. Any ideas?

I had a similar problem last week, in the end I turned off wep and made the network visible. Got the powerbook connected then turned it back on again.

OP
I

idgabay

Do you mean turn off WEP on the router? How do I then connect? Then when WEP is switched back on where do I put the new WEP key?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.