Weather Dashboard App

Reaction score
I have got to say the weather app on Dashboard is the most inaccurate thing I have ever seen. Right now, it is reporting that the current temp here in Denver is 32 degrees. The high is supposed to be 38. I just went out to lunch and it is sunny and very warm, almost near 70. According to this waether app, the highest temp this week is supposed to be 45 yet we're gonna be near 70 most days this week.

This thing says it uses accuweather, hardly accurate. The weather App on my iPhone is actually pretty accurate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Thats very strange because mine shows a much different result. Please see the following.

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
According to my widget, Denver is currently 60 degrees and had a high of 73.

You sure you have it set to Denver, Colorado and not some other Denver? There are Denvers in Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Montana, North Carolina, New York, and Pennsylvania, and the weather in some of them could very well reflect what you're seeing.

OP
H
Reaction score
According to my widget, Denver is currently 60 degrees and had a high of 73.

You sure you have it set to Denver, Colorado and not some other Denver? There are Denvers in Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Montana, North Carolina, New York, and Pennsylvania, and the weather in some of them could very well reflect what you're seeing.

You were right! This time I entered my zip code and now the weather displays correctly! I had been putting up with this displaying the wrong info for several weeks now. Thanks!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Glad you got it sorted! :)

I personally use the Weather Underground widget - I love that it gives additional information as well. If you'd like to check it out, it's located here on Apple's site: http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/information/weatherundergrounddashboardweatherwidget.html
There's also the Weather Channel widget
http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/information/theweatherchannelmacwidget.html
and the poorly implemented, but informative NOAA widget
http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/information/noaaweathercenter.html

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks digitalscrap and technologist. Those look good. I'm familiar with the Weather Underground app but I never saw it for the Mac yet. That looks really nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.