Customizing the Go Menu

Reaction score
As a Windows guy with a recently bought MBP 15, it has been a slow transition to the Mac OS. I think part of the frustration is that I see great things in both OS's and am now constantly going "how come Windows does not do this and how comes Mac does not do that". Both camps should steal from each other a bit more.

Back to the subject.

I saw few threads and none helpful on this topic. Can I add a folder to the Go menu besides using "Recent Folders"? For example, I have a 2nd partition where I store my data. I would like to add some of these folders to the Go Menu, is that possible? Can I rename any of the existing folders in the Go Menu. Or is this list like concrete?

Thanks, I appreciate the help here. I definitely enjoy the HW of my MBP. Battery life is just amazing. Quiet machine. Touchpad is just a joy to use. Just need to tweak this OS a bit more so I I do not have to traverse much to get to places where I want.

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
You could place the folders you want to get to easily by dragging them to the dock, that is probably the easiest way to do it.

HTH
- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Or to a Finder window sidebar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.