do and donts and hints please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g3 450 mhz, 60 gb h/d, 512 mb,
hi I'm new to here just bought my self a power mac g3 from eBay the spec is 512mb of ram 60gb h/d and 450mhz Processor and to be honest what i know about a mac i could write on the back of a postage stamp. Ive been a windows user for the last 4 years and before that i could not have told you how to turn one on. The reason i have bought the power-mac is i would like to expand my knowledge on the macs as Ive heard that they are better than a pc ... i would like to get to know the mac and learn what i can do with it and cant do with it i use my PC for video editing/ photo editing/ music /games / surfing /down loading etc... i have lots of questions but would take to long to ask them all so to start off what i would like to know what software can i use what software would most of yous recommend for what I'm going to be using it for. also is there any hints or tips on using it to its full advantage.. also once I'm more in line with the mac what would be my next step up? at the moment my PC is fairly high spec 3.4 dual core, 2 gig of ram, 650 gb h/d, 512 graphics etc

james

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.