Email problems

Reaction score
My email messages are disappearing on my Mac and my iPhone 5s. I'm using the latest version of Apple mail and have Yahoo as my mail provider.
Any suggestions?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Are you using IMAP or POP with your Yahoo account? Do the messages remain on Yahoo?

OP
Jagsfish
Reaction score
IMAP and they are gone from my Yahoo account inbox. Emails directed into other folders are still there. Your reply came to my inbox. It's the only email in there and I think eventually that will also disappear.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's very interesting, the only way that emails should be going away from all the places at the same time with IMAP is when you or something is deleting them.

Can you disconnect the iPhone 5S from your Yahoo account temporarily and see if the problem persists and if it does, disconnect the Mac and see what happens..

OP
Jagsfish
Reaction score
It looks like my emails are getting moved to the trash folder but they don't get moved right away.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My guess is that you have a rule set up someplace that's doing the moving and you need to find and disable it..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.