13" Aluminum macbook screen flicker & horizontal lines

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3", Aluminum, 2.0 GHz Intel core duo, 2GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 160GB 5400-rpm hard drive
My mac has been out of warranty since Dec 26 2009 as soon as that magical day came my fan siezed! The Apple store fixed it no questions ask just boom fixed (thankfully). Yesterday I open my macbook and there we have it flickering and horizontal lines (obviously I was not impressed) I called apple canada this morning instead of travelling to the store and being told this will be X amount of dollars that I am unable to fork out. I eventually got the manager and he said he would wave the cost for the LCD replacement (HUGE sigh of relief from me of course!). But had I have just gone to the store I would have been charged which I made the mistake of doing with my iPhone (the home button is seized). I am EXTREMELY thankful they are fixing my comp without any cost to me!

Sorry this has to be my introduction I was just so happy that I had to share :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13.3" 2.26GHz C2D & 2 GB 1067MHz DDR3
Well that's excellent. I have the exact same Mac so it's good to get a heads up of potential issues that could arise. Luckily, however, I've purchase AppleCare to extend my warranty to three years. Could you not consider this your self?

Glad to hear you to your issue sorted; it's a classic case of Apple's level of support and customer service.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3", Aluminum, 2.0 GHz Intel core duo, 2GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 160GB 5400-rpm hard drive
Hi there!

I wanted to get the Apple care however with a lack of funds and the way the economy went down hill I was out of work and struggling to pay the essentials and by the time I got a job it was too late I was dissapointed I wasn't able to purchase the extended warranty 8 days after my one year expired. I was under the impression I was able to buy apple care whenever I wanted I was sadly mistaken. Apple care is a must for my next mac and I should get on the apple care for my apple tv!!!

I am glad you have found this helpful/insightful as to common issues with this model! :) thanks for reading :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.