Is Tiger causing my slowdown?

Reaction score
My imac has been battling a lethal slowdown for the last month. Im talking unresponsive scripts out the yin yang and beachballs as far as the eye can see. just while typing this my computer has lagged at least four times. Im wondering if I need to upgrade to Snow Lepoard since im running tiger now and if doing so will fix these issues or are they the result of a deeper problem. Ive ran all the trouble shooting and can no longer update my software here are some stats...

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz

my harddrive has about 90 GB free on it

Any help you can give is much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do a search for MacDefender, MacSecurity and similar malware. Also do you run maintenance utilities such as Onyx ro any antivirus software? Also the hard drive may well be failing. Run Apple Hardware Test from your original install discs.

OS X.4 Tiger is no longer supported by Apple so updating to Snow Leopard would be a good plan if everything checks out A-OK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.