Can't download anything

Reaction score
My computer will not let me download anything.

When I click on the link to start the download the screen goes blank like it's opening up the download box but nothing happens, the screen just keeps loading and loading and never opening the download box or the completed download page.

I've managed to get past this problem with some downloads by doing right click > 'save link' but it wont work for everything and so I am just unable to download some stuff.

I've just bought TuneUp Media and can't download the sodding thing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
May we know a bit more about what you're using?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Solution: Uninstall jDownloader. Note that jDownloader requires the latest version of JRE in order to work properly - which you might not have.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
I'd bet that's it. Ditch it and use DownThemAll! in Firefox. See if that does ya better!

OP
LouFace
Reaction score
Solution: Uninstall jDownloader. Note that jDownloader requires the latest version of JRE in order to work properly - which you might not have.

Regards.

I'd bet that's it. Ditch it and use DownThemAll! in Firefox. See if that does ya better!

I've tried DownThemAll before. The reason I got jDownloder is because I download lots of stuff through rapidshare and wanted something that would allow me to just highlight many links at once to download instead of having to double click and paste every link.

I can't win :(

Oh just an extra thing - jDownloader is working fine its downloads that open in the regular download window that wont work.

Reaction score
I've tried DownThemAll before. The reason I got jDownloder is because I download lots of stuff through rapidshare and wanted something that would allow me to just highlight many links at once to download instead of having to double click and paste every link.

I can't win :(

Oh just an extra thing - jDownloader is working fine its downloads that open in the regular download window that wont work.
I have had exactly the same problem. Even though you delete JDownloader when you click a link to download a file which has .dmg at the end of the link you get a blank page. I have uninstalled JDownloader both with CleanMyMac and with the Hazel script utility. JDownloader changes some system setting and I do not know how to change them back. Does anyone have any suggestions?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Does JDownloader come with an uninstaller? If it comes with its own uninstaller, you should use that as it is probably there for a reason.

Reaction score
My screen goes blank when i download files

I am having trouble downloading files also. When i click on a link to download, it goes to a blank black screen and nothing downloads. I've checked my downloads folder and nothing there. I got told to download in the guest account and transfer to my account but that doesnt work either. I have no downloading application on my Mac. I want to download skype.....HELP ME TO DOWNLOAD!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.