There isn't really an Iphone loophole buying from walmart. Is there?

Reaction score
Eustis Florida (50 miles north of Orlando)
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.26Ghz/4GB/750GB WD HDD
I had a sprint guy come up to me and tell me that he can buy iphones from walmart and cancel his contract within 30 days and pay no cancellation fee and just keep the iphones and resell them. I gladly told him he was full of crap and that he would get a nice fat bill from the kind folks at ATT. I'm like 80% sure that I'm accurate in what I told him. Just need some confirmation or details on how exactly it goes down so I have my fact straight when we talk again.

Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I had a sprint guy come up to me and tell me that he can buy iphones from walmart and cancel his contract within 30 days and pay no cancellation fee and just keep the iphones and resell them. I gladly told him he was full of crap and that he would get a nice fat bill from the kind folks at ATT. I'm like 80% sure that I'm accurate in what I told him. Just need some confirmation or details on how exactly it goes down so I have my fact straight when we talk again.

Thanks for the help!
I worked for ATT Wireless for a short time a few years ago.
Back then, (and I'm certain it hasn't changed since) the policy on the 30 day cancellation went like this:

If you buy a fancy, new and expensive phone at a discounted price and sign a 2-year contract, you can cancel the contract within 30 days and get your money back without incurring an Early Termination Fee...

if you return the phone.

If you don't return the phone, you still won't be charged an ETF... but won't receive a refund and you will be charged the full price of the phone.

So, you are correct... there is no magic loophole.
If he hasn't already, he will be receiving a rather large bill from ATT Wireless for the iPhone(s) he hasn't returned.
If he doesn't pay them, then his credit will take a turn for the worse.

OP
vrsantana
Reaction score
Eustis Florida (50 miles north of Orlando)
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.26Ghz/4GB/750GB WD HDD
I'll go rub it in his face now for sure! Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.