Finder Issue

Reaction score
I'm running Leopard 10.5.5 on a new iMac. The computer has 4 users on it, all of which are administrators. I want all users to have read and write access to all parts of the computer. How can I do this? As it is right now when you go to another user's home folder, most of the folders within it have a little red circle with a line through it and I can't open them. I have gone to file sharing and shared all the home folders and administrators have full read and write access to them, but the folders within them are still locked. Do I have to share every single folder in all of the home folders or is there an easier way?

Thanks,
Spencer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
if your trying to share files so all users have access to a file, place the files to be shared in users/shared.

Items placed in this folder are shared by all users on your Mac.

Never tried it but I wonder if aliases to files and folders would work? I'm guessing it would.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.