PC Based Applications???Anyone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac5.1,Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz,2 cores L@ cache 4MB per processor 1GB, 667MHz
I moved from a PC to a mac a while ago and have been running two computers and want to only use my Mac. The program i use everyday is "AskSam" a freeform database. I called the techies in Florida who told me they haven't made "AskSam" for macs. What a shame....however that a client of theirs has had success launching "AskSam" in mac with "Virtual PC". Can anyone help me out here????Please. Does it work? What about other PC based prog/appl.:blind:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
I've never heard of AskSam, but I can tell you that using Parallels as a VM will work for other windows programs. You could use either that or bootcamp.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac5.1,Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz,2 cores L@ cache 4MB per processor 1GB, 667MHz
Never heard of either of those either. Cost??..found Virtual PC version 04 & 07 for free but skeptical about free downloads.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Never heard of either of those either. Cost??..found Virtual PC version 04 & 07 for free but skeptical about free downloads.

What model of Mac do you have? Virtual PC only runs on the older PPC-based Macs. If you have an Intel Mac, you can use Parallels desktop (similar to Virtual PC, but a lot more powerful). If you'd rather not pay the $80 for Parallels, you can try Bootcamp from Apple, but this requires that you restart your system in Windows XP (i.e. you can't run it at the same time as Mac OS).

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My mac processor: 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 duo. Not an old one. Price sounds great for being able to run both at the same time. Which is something i am hoping for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
Also check out VMWare Fusion...
It's in beta right now (but so was Parallels) and currently free to download and use.
Personally, I like it better than Parallels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I've had good success running pc programs on my intel imac with CrossOverMac. We both have the same model: imac5,1 - so the odds are pretty good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.