Upgrading...

Reaction score
I have OS 10.5.8, I want to upgrade to Mountain Lion so I can use iCloud so my i5, iPad and iMac can all talk. So, seemingly, I download 10.6 successfully, BUT every time I try to install OS 10.6 (so I can then download Lion) I get an error message saying in order to install OS 10.6 i need to install 10.6, it's totally weird and it wont let me do it? Has anyone ever experienced something like this before?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So, seemingly, I download 10.6 successfully, BUT every time I try to install OS 10.6 (so I can then download Lion) I get an error message saying in order to install OS 10.6 i need to install 10.6, it's totally weird and it wont let me do it? Has anyone ever experienced something like this before?

First of all there is no legal version of Snow Leopard that is downloadable. So the first thing you need to do is:

- Purchase a legal Snow Leopard install DVD
- Then update Snow Leopard to version 10.6.6 or higher for Mac App Store access.
- Then download & install Mountain Lion

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.