Aperture VS. CS3 W/ Bridge

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Quick question...Any reason to use Aperture along side PS CS3 or just use PS with Bridge. Is it just me or Photoshop with Bridge seems to be a trump over Aperture..? I am new to OS X and also just getting back into graphic/web design and digital photography from a long break, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
Ok i will give you my opinion....I used to use cs2 and bridge, and like you thought there was no need for any other system. When i got my intel macand bridge didnt work i had to find other ways while i wited for cs3 to cmoe ou =t and be compatible. As a birthday gift, my now fiance bought my aperture (she saw me sneeking a peak online once). After a few trials on how to organize and keep track of projects (this is soley how you feel comfortable) I have found that it is so much easy than the old faitflu combo of ps and bridge. Now i obviously keep ps around for those extra touches.

the ease of smart albums and the organization is so much more thought out for photographers. This is just my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Aperture (or lightroom) is a different sort of application and can be used in conjunction with your habit of PSCS and Bridge. I use Lightroom extensively for asset management and working the RAW files, photoshop/bridge for other retouching and browsing.

OP

Reaction score
Hmm I know I can read this somewhere, but PS can do everything Aperture can do no? And thanks for the replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.