iPhone Mail

Reaction score
Come on Steve Jobs. Give us a good mail app for the iPhone! God, Android is much better than the iPhone mail app. I want to take a picture and rename it, but I cannot on this phone. I have owned all iPhones since the first one, hoping that the nerds will make it better, but no. God, Turtles are much faster than the developers at Apple. You have a better product than the android devises, but worse mail app. Many people are loyal to the Apple brand, so they deserve much better.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Come on Steve Jobs. Give us a good mail app for the iPhone! God, Android is much better than the crap iPhone mail app. I want to take a picture and rename it, but I cannot on this phone. I have owned all iPhones since the first one, hoping that the nerds will make it better, but no. God, Turtles are much faster than the developers at Apple. You have a better product than the android devises, but worse mail app. Many people are loyal to the Apple brand, so they deserve much better.

A few reactions... First - we have no affiliation with Apple. I suggest you use their site for feedback.

Second - exactly what mail client are you using on Android? When I had my Droid Incredible, I struggled to find a decent one. The best I could come up with was K-9 Mail, but then I had Gmail, HTC Mail and K-9 running simultaneously, eating battery all the time (the former two ran automatically from firmware and could not be killed off).

I will grant you that Mail could be more robust, but what it does do, it does very well. I can easily switch between mailbox, view multiple mailboxes in a unified view, and delete with just a swipe and a tap. Not to mention that it always renders emails properly - the same could not be said for most of the Android mail apps, that would routinely screw up formatting or not display in RTF/HTML when they were supposed to.

OP
J
Reaction score
I do not own an android, nor would ever. I have friends on the android platform and my company uses blackberrys because of their mail. I love the iPhone, but wish they would improve the mail app.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I do not own an android, nor would ever. I have friends on the android platform and my company uses blackberrys because of their mail. I love the iPhone, but wish they would improve the mail app.

No doubt about it, RIM definitely has an advantage when it comes to email. But then, the Blackberry started off as a mobile mail device and then later had various components of smartphones grafted in. The Blackberry Enterprise Server is also an awesome product, which is why corporate IT tends to love them (my company does too - although we're seeing a lot of iPhones start to trickle in).

Looks like iOS 5 is due out this fall, let's hope for some Mail updates then - from what I've seen, they've definitely tinkered with MMS a bit.

C

chas_m

To the OP: I'm confused -- how does your inability to rename a photo have anything to do with Mail?

To Scorch: I'll just say goodbye now. Good luck in your next forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.