Urgent Ipod touch 4g break down!

Reaction score
Today I was just on settings just looking at my usage, when SUDDENLY A big black box at the bottom appears with red and blue squiggly lines appear, that almost seem to look like when you speak and it records you, the top half of the screen was blured out a bit red a bit white a bit blue and a bit of black.
I tried to reset it, (would not work) Even tried just pressing the home button, ( failed) tried turning it on and off...as you know.. failed! I had to wait a full 1 hour before it would restart. I have never sat on it, never dropped it, never put it NEAR WATER, Never went out in the rain, never slavered on it, Only i have ever hold the ipod, no one else has. I even had a case on it! I know for a fact that no liquid had got into it. So ill move off of that.. I have never thrown it about or done anything that is in the air with out it in my hands. So Their. I was just holding it.

How did this happen?! It's ok now but why did that happen!
I even tried to sync it and charge, it would not happen!
and it was 90% charged!
Does this have anything to do with Kik messenger? Rumours have been going around about that.
And I have never ever jail broke it or attempted to.

Can someone help? Please? O:)

C

chas_m

You probably accidentally activated Voice control (which is not the same thing as Siri). This is done by holding the home button for too long (about four seconds).

I would shut down the iPhone, restart it and not worry about it unless it happens again without any contact of the home button.

OP
IpodTouch4Me
Reaction score
I did not have any contact with the home button until 10 miniutes later. I just turned the ipod on it's side and boom black white multicoloured screen! Voice control is blue, I know what it looks like and it was deffinetly not that. I don't know how it happend but i now think it was just a glitch...a very serious glitch :) I hope it wont happen again. O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Try doing a full restore on the ipod. I have had one do that and the restore fixed it. If not you may need a new screen. Talk to apple about getting it replaced. they should cover it if you have never damaged the device, which you haven't.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.