Problem Installing Quicktime Pro 6.5 in OSX

M

micpee

Hello: I'm probably overlooking the obvious...I can't install the QT 6.5 update...during install I get a window that states a newer version already exists on the hard drive (although I only have the stripped version of QT 6.0 that came with OSX 10.2.8) and when I try to take the existing QT off the hard drive, I get a message that I cannot remove it as it is owned by root. Any similar experiences or help out there. Much thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
micpee said:
Hello: I'm probably overlooking the obvious...I can't install the QT 6.5 update...during install I get a window that states a newer version already exists on the hard drive (although I only have the stripped version of QT 6.0 that came with OSX 10.2.8) and when I try to take the existing QT off the hard drive, I get a message that I cannot remove it as it is owned by root. Any similar experiences or help out there. Much thanks in advance.
are you logged in to the admin profile while trying to do this? when you open quicktime and click on quicktime and then about quicktime, what version does it say?

OP
M

micpee

Admin?

fearlessfreap24 said:
are you logged in to the admin profile while trying to do this? when you open quicktime and click on quicktime and then about quicktime, what version does it say?

not sure what you mean by admin profile...I have version 6.0..thanks for your response

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.