how do you manually fetch contact info?

Reaction score
like many after the initial hype about mobile me push, ive been dissapointed with the debilitating battery life. so through the iphone options ive turned off push and set everything to fetch manually. But how on earth do you fetch manually? !

IVe read simply opening the relevant application should do this, but to test this ive added a new contact via my macbook, synced it to mobile me and opened contacts on my phone. But after 20 minutes still nothing. Please could you advise on what I am doing wrong.

Also in theory if I add a new contact to my phone, should this be uploaded to mobile me at the time I create it?

thanks in advance

OP
K
Reaction score
seems I resolved this myself. Syncing was working fine with my 2g phone but when I upgraded to 3g not quite sure how but my Sync options on the macbook had changed. ( possibly due to recent updates for Ilife which added mobile me which was the last thing I changed /shrug) but anyhow even though I was hitting sync in the menu bar it wasn't syncing to mobile me. Reset sync history & selected sync to mobileme again on macbook. Opening contacts on iphone and waiting a few minutes did fetch the updated contacts and also sent the new contacts to my "cloud".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
seems I resolved this myself. Syncing was working fine with my 2g phone but when I upgraded to 3g not quite sure how but my Sync options on the macbook had changed. ( possibly due to recent updates for Ilife which added mobile me which was the last thing I changed /shrug) but anyhow even though I was hitting sync in the menu bar it wasn't syncing to mobile me. Reset sync history & selected sync to mobileme again on macbook. Opening contacts on iphone and waiting a few minutes did fetch the updated contacts and also sent the new contacts to my "cloud".

This whole manual fetch had me a little baffled to. One question for you. How do you have your settings in MobileMe on your laptop? Do you have it to synchronize with MobileMe automatically? Or do you have it to periodically set every hour, day, or week?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.