Time Machine Backup

Reaction score
I've got this weird problem with Time Machine. I backup manually to an external 2 TB drive every Wed. and Sunday. I've been doing this for the last year. So I basically have 2 backups every 7 days.

I noticed that the last 10 backup dates are fine, with two backups occurring every 7 days like I've done. However, at the 11th backup (and each one thereafter), Time Machine is only showing one backup every 7 days. I verified this in Time Machine as well as a program called Time Tracker and also manually browsing the hard drive.
Anyone have any ideas what's going on? Is Time Machine somehow consolidating my backup schedule after a certain point, sort of how it does the to auto backups (each hour for 24 hours, then once a day for a month, then once a week, etc.)

And no it doesn't have to do with a lack of hard drive space. I've only used .15 TB of a 2 TB drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I think you described your own solution in the last paragraph.
There is no difference in a manual vs. automatic backup, only the way it is triggered.

Have you checked your files ... are they in Time Machine ?

As long as you let Time Machine do its thing ( and not interrupt it ) I have had no issues so far, and I have been using it for more than 3 years now.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.