Wireless Internet Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Intel Core Duo 2GBs Ram on 10.6.8
I have a 2007 MBP running Mac 10.5.8, running off wireless as well as hardwired cable modem.

The internet most of the time works fine, but it happens maybe every so often the internet doesn't work and wireless is dropped. I usually have to restart the router to get the connection again? Why is that? I am using firefox and I believe it is a net gear wireless router I am not sure of the model, its in a room mates room and it gets aggravating to have to ask to have it restarted all the time. Anything I am doing wrong? I don't understand. Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Nothing you do should cause the router to need rebooting. But they do get flakey every now and then. I've had to reboot my Airport Extreme only twice in three years. But I remember I had to reboot my previous D-Link a lot more often than that. I think your best bet would be to get a different router.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Intel Core Duo 2GBs Ram on 10.6.8
Thanks much appreciated, any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.