Old Apple llC pics

Reaction score
hey-

here is the apple 2 i talked about. here are some pics, sorry they arent so nice.

apple2tog.jpg

apple2.jpg

date.jpg

i didnt see the clock bat that i needed to change. Nick, if u see this, is it like a watch battery like the bios uses in pc machines?

thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Nice!
Man... that brings back some memories of using that, the II and IIe in high school.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
i didnt see the clock bat that i needed to change. Nick, if u see this, is it like a watch battery like the bios uses in pc machines?

Some better/clearer photos would help.

If you checked out the two articles I linked in your other thread...the one article mentions that the battery in some Apple II model(s) was not replaceable...but was replaceable in other models. I'm not exactly sure what the battery looks like.

Here's an interesting article on replacing the battery on an Apple IIgs. Of course the IIgs is not the same as the IIc. The 3.6v battery they mention for the IIgs sounds similar to the battery used in a lot of Macintosh computers from "1987-2005ish":

http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/Csa2HDWHACK.html#007

Here's a nice Apple IIc article. There's a photo of the motherboard, and I couldn't spot a battery...but then a better close-up photo might help.

http://www.vectronicsappleworld.com/profiles/81.html

Lastly...here's an online copy of the original Apple IIc manual (not sure if you have this manual). It's something like 322 pages long. I quickly scanned the table of contents...and didn't see anything about a battery. But of you look at it more closely...maybe you'll find a solution for your IIc:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/200852/Apple-IIc-Reference-Manual-Volume-1-1984Apple0300814A

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
That second link says it - no battery. Strangely, Mactracker, which I nearly always recommend as one of the best sources of info on Macs, doesn't even mention the IIc. IIcx and IIci, but not IIc. I wonder if the IIc was produced for a specific and quite small market.

To the OP - I've asked for your other IIc thread to be moved here, where it's more likely to get attention than in Peripherals. You may find the two threads merged eventually.

Reaction score
If it has one, A battery, It may look a large capacitor soldered to the board. Never had the pleasure to open an Apple 2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.