Macbook Pro 13" Keeps Shutting itself down!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
What happened when the black box saying restart is known as a kernal Panic.
Usually this is RAM related.
What I would do is turn it off, take out one of the RAM modules, restart it and see how it goes, and if it happens again, I would put the RAM module in and try with the next RAM out.
Also, the 3 beeps is saying that it is RAM related.

More than likely one or both RAM modules have bit the dust.

Now that I hear that you dropped it, it could be that the RAM was slightly dislodged, so I would check that as well before pulling the sticks out.
Here's a guide :)
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Installing-MacBook-Pro-13-Inch-Unibody-Mid-2009-RAM/1334/1

OP
R
Reaction score
Awesome man, thank you for helping me out!

I have no idea about all the techy stuff haha so thanks for the link. I'll try it later and see what happens.

Although it hasnt done it since I posted the thread... strange.

Is there a way I can see if anything is damaged using a diagnostic on the mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You can do two things.
One is called Memtest but I've never used it.
Download Memtest 4.22 - Memtest - This small command-line utility thoroughly checks available memory under OS X - Softpedia

The other is booting from your install disc that has the Apple Hardware test on it (the one that isn't the install disc).
Put the disc in, and restart holding D as soon as you hear the startup chime.

The problem usually is that if nothing is acting up at the time of running the diagnostics, no fault shows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.