Maya

Reaction score
So, I decided on getting the latest Mac to install the student 3 year trial of Maya 2012.. Upon getting it all downloaded it told me this:
Your system is too new, you need a Mac OS X 10.4x or 10.5x system to install.
Installation failed on exit

Here is my system:
Mac OS X version 10.7.2
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk: Macintosh HD
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C2002)

Is there a way to get this downloaded? I got this mac so I could have the newest and best out there and really got it so I could start my journey on becoming a Maya Wizard one day.. If I can't get Maya on this I will be CRUSHED, DEVASTATED, and DESTROYED (BTW, I am having another 4GB added soon) Can I install snow leopard or whatever it's called?:Shouting:
I feel like such a noob...
Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
Go easy on me :\

OP
F
Reaction score
I got this one figured out guys.. Had to disable a couple of things on the download options called: Direct Connect and Direct Connect Installation... Now Maya 2012 is set up and working beautifully on here... Although I didn't understand what it takes away from me by not using Direct Connect.. I'll be checking that out and posting here for anyone else having issues. THIS MAC IS SWEEEEET!! Loving Lion!

Reaction score
Same Issue

I took the advice of disabling the "Direct Connect" box during installation and, Voila! Everything seems to be working fine. Thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.